Map: Insurance providers for Wisconsin state employees

0
160

Map: Insurance providers for Wisconsin state employees insurance

See how many insurance providers are competing for state employee contracts in each Wisconsin county.

Wisconsin uses a managed competition approach to control costs for its fully-insured plan. About 95 percent of state employees choose among HMOs and other managed care plans that offer uniform medical and drug benefits. The other 5 percent are in the standard plan, a more expensive, fee-for-service option that is self-insured.

By competing to be in Tier 1, the lowest cost option, companies hold down their costs, officials say. All workers have access to at least one Tier 1 plan in their area.